The Most Important Thing To Drink For Healthy Weight Management
I have a scale that measures your body's internal water percentage. When I check my clients for hydration, ideally between 50-60% of your total body mass, I noticed that people who need to lose weight are always dehydrated.
In a book that I highly recommend, French Women Don't Get Fat, by Mireille Giuliano, the author states that French women hardly ever snack between meals, they drink water. In other cultures, it's herbal tea.
According to this 2016 study, it seems to be true. Increased hydration leads to decreased body weight.
Many studies have also shown that dehydration produces similar body sensations as hunger.
If you're wanting to slim down, try to increase your water intake.
If you hate the taste of water, you can learn to like it.
Sorry, there's just no other way around it!
Here are some tips for enjoying more water:
- Add some fresh squeezed lemon or lime to it.
- Get a good filter for your home. Filtered water tastes so much better!
- Use carbonated water with or without natural flavors.
- Use herbal tea: green tea often gets me through a hungry afternoon.
- Get a fun water bottle (non-plastic) that you take with you everywhere and fill up when you're out running errands, exercising, and at work.
Once you're hydrated properly, you'll be able to better discern signs of true hunger vs. your body's sign for water.
Other reasons to drink more water include:
* improved digestion
* more mental clarity
* beautiful skin
* fewer UTIs and Kidney infections
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.