One Easy Way to Get Some Knee Pain Relief
Here’s a very short video (< 2 minutes) on how I relieve my own knee pain. This is an introduction to quad rolling.
- Sit in a chair and use a roller like I have, or a wine bottle or rolling pin will work in a pinch
- Firmly press the roller into the top half of one quad (the muscle in the front of your upper leg). Roll up and down just the top half of one quad for 1 minute.
- If it hurts, back off. If you don't feel much, also move the roller from side to side, or press more firmly. It shouldn't hurt, but you should feel slight pressure or discomfort.
- Hang out longer and breathe through the more uncomfortable areas.
- Now do the same for the lower half of that leg.
- Do the other leg the same way.
The more advanced way:
- Laying face down, with the roller under the quad. I do this with a “peanut” roller.
- Start with one area of one quad, and hang out for 30 seconds – 2 minutes.
- If you bend and straightenten your leg as you do this, you’ll make some serious progress!
- Move down the quad from the hip area to above the knee cap, then do the other leg.
Try either technique, and let me know how it’s working for you.
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.